Brownie Crisp Cookies
Happy New Year, everyone! I’m eager to get back into the kitchen to create recipes for this little space ‘girl meets kitchen.’ It’s a space I love to share with you and my goal for 2018 – both here and in life – is to be a source of love and encouragement.
Joy. Laughter. Love. Grace. These are the longings of my heart for my family and for yours.
I know I’m not alone when I say that I face varying emotions over life’s constant busy-ness; the host of duties and distractions that “require” our attention. I spent a good part of 2017’s latter half re-evaluating what deserved my undivided attention.
faith. family. friendships. passions. career.
What resulted was God showing me areas of my life that needed more attention. Cultivating love and living out God’s grace to my family were on the very top of that list. Ultimately I wanted to ensure that what I poured my energy into was done with the purpose of serving others. This also meant that a few of my passions took a temporary back seat.
I spend a large amount of time in my kitchen. From mundane to magnificent, the meals that are prepared in that space are always derived out of and chalk full of love. I hope that if you stumble upon a recipe here + make it in your kitchen, you’re able to share it with others and that the food produces a shared gathering and love. From my kitchen to yours.
The inspiration for these cookies combines three favorite desserts into one. The richness of a brownie + the softness of a cookie + the light crunch of a rice crispy bar. The batter is thick + gooey and is also meant to enjoyed.
Savor life’s little moments! Thanks for stopping by.
Recipe yields approximately 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate almond milk
- 2 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free cup for cup flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill. Sub AP flour for non gluten free bars!)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups One Degree brand Brown Rice Cocao Rice Crisps Veganic Cereal (you can certainly substitute rice krispy treats here!)
- 10 oz. bag of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl or in your Kitchen Aid mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugars, butter, eggs, + vanilla. Mix in the chocolate almond milk.
- Add dry ingredients + mix until just combined.
- Fold in the brown rice crisp cereal + mini chips.
- Spoon out 1 tbsp rounds or use a cookie scoop onto baking sheets.
- Bake 11-13 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheets, then cool completely on a wire rack.