This Spinach, Artichoke + Roasted Red Pepper Dip is delicious, creamy and loaded with cheesy flavor. It’s an update to the classic spinach and artichoke dip with the addition of jarred roasted red peppers. This recipe is always a crowd favorite around Christmas gatherings, or any gatherings for that matter. It comes together in just a few minutes, then the magic happens as it bakes in the oven.
I love this time of year. For me it’s a time when we reflect on the joy of both the simple and magical. Family, health, joy and love. I especially love watching my girls experience the magic of Christmas. Inevitably, there’s also a lot of great food.
My side of the family has always celebrated Christmas Eve with a spread of heavy appetizers. A staple every year has always been this dip. My mom doesn’t even ask me to bring it because the assumption is there that I will contribute it to the spread. It’s incredibly simple to make. In fact, I typically put it all together the night before and refrigerate it until it goes into the oven. Cheesy, gooey + full of flavor, this dip is one of my favorites & a must for any holiday gathering.
As I find to be the case in all cooking, using fresh ingredients makes a better dish, but pre-shredded cheese in the bags will do if you prefer the simplicity and convenience. Recipe yields one 2 quart dish.
- 15 oz. jar of real mayonnaise
- 14 oz. can of quartered artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1.5 cups jarred roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 16 oz. bag Italian blend cheese (reserve 1/2 bag for topping during bake time)
- 1-2 tbsp. minced garlic, depending on your preference for garlic
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grate cheeses and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain + Roughly chop the artichokes & roasted peppers; add to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the reserved 1/2 bag of Italian blend cheese) + stir to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a 2 quart baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 bag of the Italian cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, uncovered. Serve hot with crackers, bread, chips or raw vegetables.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @girlmeetskitchen if you bake this dish and use #girlmeetskitchen