Watermelon always seems to add the perfect touch to any dish or drink, and I especially love it during the summer; though my family consumes it year round. The champagne in this drink balances out the sweetness perfectly and the mint pulls it all together. I hope you can sip on these amongst friends and relish in the remaining days of summer. Yields 4 servings.
- 2.5 cups cubed watermelon, puréed and strained through a fine sieve to remove the pulp
- 1/2 cups vodka
- 1/3 cup Brut champagne, chilled
- 1/3 cup sparkling water, chilled
- 1/2 bunch of mint leaves plus some for garnish
- Purée the watermelon and run the purée through a fine sieve to remove any seeds and pulp. The final yield should be around 1.5 cups of watermelon liquid.
- Muddle the mint leaves in the watermelon liquid and refrigerate for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, strain through a sieve again to remove the muddled mint leaves.
- In a large glass pitcher, add the watermelon purée, vodka, champagne and sparkling water, gently stir to combine and pour into 4 cups of your choice. I used large wine glasses for a fancier feel, but use whatever you’d like! Garnish with a mint leaf & serve.