This Simple Taco Dip is loaded with fresh flavors and is a guaranteed hit at all of your fall football parties! Made with a cream cheese and greek yogurt base and then topped off with all your favorite taco toppings – including Cabot’s Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese, everyone is going to love this dip!
This post is sponsored by Cabot Creamery Co-Operative
Taco dip is one of my husband’s love languages – and for good reason. Our family loves tacos like we love laughing, and this side dish or appetizer has all the components of tacos in dip form. It’s made with a cream cheese/greek yogurt base, is seasoned with taco seasoning and is topped with all of your favorite fresh taco toppings.
Most taco dips are made from a combination of cream cheese and sour cream, but using greek yogurt adds extra protein and no one is the wiser for the substitution. I prefer one made with whole milk for the thicker texture and consistency. This recipe calls for Cabot’s Plain Greek Yogurt.
Layers of flavor sit atop the creamy base, including fresh tomatoes, jalapeños, cilantro and Cabot’s Vermont Sharp Cheddar Cheese. It’s the perfect sharp, bold flavor to bring the dip together for your snacking delight. If you’re aiming to add a little more heat, their Habanero Cheddar or Pepper Jack would be great substitutions.
This recipe feeds 4-6, so feel free to double it for larger gatherings.
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- 8 oz. Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt 10%
- 1.5 tbsp of your favorite taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup Cabot Vermont Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro for topping
- Using a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, blend together the first 3 ingredients for 2 minutes.
- Spread the Greek yogurt/cream cheese mixture evenly into a deep serving dish or platter.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on top.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Serve with chips, quesadilla triangles or raw veggies. Enjoy!
Be sure to tag me if you make this recipe @girlmeetskitchen on Instagram and use #girlmeetskitchen