This spicy, cheesy + hearty dip is the perfect addition to any gathering or Super Bowl party!
This dip is loaded with some of my favorite flavors! Cheesy, spicy and comforting flavors… perfect for snacking! It brings just enough punch of heat & is fairly hearty with the addition of chicken thighs. I plan to make this dip for Superbowl Sunday…after all I mainly show up for the food.
I also love this dip because it utilizes some of my favorite brands. Cabot Creamery Co-op is one of my favorite sharp cheddars – not just because of the flavor, but because they have a connection with each and every farm from where they secure their milk to make their cheeses. They believe in keeping ingredients pure, and you can taste the difference.
I hope you find yourself enjoying this dip with loved ones – be it in front of the television watching the Super Bowl, or just because you want to share some love over a cheesy, spicy chicken dip. Serve with anything from tortilla chips to raw veggies or warmed, slightly toasted baguette rounds.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 jalapeños, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup real mayo
- 8 oz block Cabot extra sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1.5 tsp. garlic salt + pepper
- Brush a 10″ skillet with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil around the bottom + sides. Preheat your oven to 350.
- Shred cheese and finely dice the onion and jalapeños.
- Heat the skillet on your stovetop over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp Olive Oil to the skillet and season the chicken thighs with garlic salt + pepper. Cook the chicken thighs until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan + chop into bite sized pieces. Do not rinse the skillet.
- Add additional 1 tbsp olive oil to pan & add the jalapeños + onions. Cook 2 minutes, allowing the pieces to brown.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken stock to the skillet and de-glaze by scraping the browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Reduce to low heat, then add the 1 cup mayo and shredded cheese to the skillet. Stir to combine, remove from the stovetop and transfer to your pre-heated oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot + enjoy!