This post is sponsored by GoodPop
When you hear ‘Frozen Hot Chocolate’ you may find yourself thinking of the famous dessert found in New York City at Serendipity. The dessert is rich, creamy and full of chocolate flavors…and it’s something you can make easily in your own kitchen!
Your family can make these with a few simple ingredients blended together and top them off with whipped cream, then garnish with a GoodPop. GoodPops are made with the best non-GMO, Fair Trade Certified, organic and locally sourced ingredients, and almost all of them would compliment this dessert! Strawberry? Cookies and cream? Cold Brew Latte? Yes please.
Perhaps I’m of a small majority, but I’ve always been a fan of iced drinks. Even living in Minnesota, iced Coffee is on the menu year round in our home. While my kids love a good hot chocolate, this recipe for a frozen hot chocolate is a fun way to change it up. Because we’re huge fans of chocolate, we garnished them with a Chocolate Fudge GoodPop.
Head to their site and view all their flavors here – and don’t forget to use the code GMK20 for 20% off your order at checkout!
Since sharing food with those I love is a passion, these are inspired by my friend Mandy who has an affinity for all things chocolate, sweet and dessert. Cheers from my kitchen to yours, friends!
This recipe yields two medium to large sized frozen hot chocolates.
- 1 3/4 cup chocolate milk*
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 4 oz. melted bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice
- 2 Chocolate Fudge GoodPops (or any flavor of choice! Get creative!)
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
*To make Vegan: use a dairy-free milk. I used a Dark Chocolate Almond Milk!
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Add all the ingredients (except the GoodPops) to the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour into two cups. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a GoodPop. Enjoy!