A very dark, rich chocolate cookie for the true chocolate lover; this recipe uses relatively little flour, resulting in rich, truffle-like cookies with the flavors of a brownie and cookie in one.
If I’m being honest, I don’t have a very large sweet tooth, but put anything dark chocolate in front of me and I have a hard time turning it down! These cookies are the perfect mixture of a brownie, truffle and cookie in one. Soft, dark and decadent with the perfect hint of sea salt to compliment the flavors – these got enthusiastic thumbs up from everyone that tried them.
The batter is very thick from the melted chocolate. After mixing, my one tip is to spoon them onto a lined cookie sheet right away before the dough has a chance to firm up too much, which makes them harder to scoop. I use an OXO cookie scoop for uniform cookies.
Recipe yields a little over two dozen cookies. Enjoy with loved ones!
- 1 stick room temp butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 oz 70% dark chocolate
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour (feel free to sub a 1:1 Gluten Free Flour)
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- sea salt for topping each cookie
- Preheat your oven to 325 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using a handheld mixer for 1-2 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Chop the dark chocolate into fine pieces and add along with the chocolate chips to a glass bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each session until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Briefly mix the remaining dry ingredients into the mixing bowl with the creamed butter, eggs and vanilla. Then add in the melted chocolate and mix for 45-60 seconds until a rich batter has formed.
- Using a cookie scoop, or two teaspoons, scoop the batter onto the parchment paper lined baking sheets, leaving 2″ between each cookie dough ball. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 11 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack to let cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 5 days (add a piece of bread to the container to keep them chewy!)
Be sure to tag me on instagram if you make this recipe @girlmeetskitchen and use the hashtag #girlmeetskitchen
Other recipes you may enjoy: