Nothing says “I love you,” quite like homemade pancakes for breakfast. At least, in my girls’ opinion, anyway. This easy recipe will help you whip them up in less than 30 minutes. They are light and fluffy and heat up quickly in the microwave or toaster each morning, so make yourself a batch for the week and and keep your mornings simple, yet delicious!
These pancakes are a staple in our morning routine. They are the quintessential pancake in my mind: perfectly light, airy and just a hint of sweetness. They’re perfect on their own, or topped with your favorite syrup or fruit.
Perhaps the best thing about the recipe, aside from how easy it is to make, is that they heat up well in the toaster or microwave. We usually make a batch on Monday mornings, then store them in the refrigerator and heat them for breakfasts throughout the week. My girls love them with chocolate chips melted and folded like a taco, but there’s no wrong way to eat them.
There’s a sweetness in this recipe from the memories I have making them for my girls. My husband likes to claim he’s the expert at making them, and there’s a sweetness in that too.
Happy gathering around the table, from my kitchen to yours!
Recipe yields approximately 8 pancakes.
- 2 cups all purpose flour – OR a 1:1 gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract (YES, I said tablespoons!)
- 2 large eggs
- Combine together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large-sized bowl.
- Whisk together the milk, slightly cooled melted butter, vanilla and eggs in a separate large measuring cup or small bowl.
- Whisk in the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated – the batter will be thick and creamy in consistency. If the batter is too thick, fold a couple tablespoons of milk into the batter at a time until reaching desired consistency. You should be able to pour it from a measuring cup or ladle easily.
- Set the batter aside and allow to rest while heating up your pan or griddle.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over low-medium heat and melt a little butter to lightly grease the pan. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the pan and spread out gently into a round shape.
- When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until golden. Approximate cooking time is 2-3 minutes per side, depending on your heat source. Electric stovetops make cook differently than gas. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge, placing parchment paper between each pancake to prevent sticking together.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe @girlmeetskitchen and use the #girlmeetskitchen !
Try my other breakfast recipes:
Baked Apple French Toast
Acai Smoothie Oatmeal Crumble Bowls
Pingback: Every Day Pancakes — Girl Meets Kitchen | My Meals are on Wheels
Pingback: Easy Every Day Waffles – Girl Meets Kitchen