Peppermint Chocolate Crunch Bars
I’m not gonna lie: I’m pretty excited about these candy bars. Who hasn’t had a Nestle Crunch bar? Chocolate meets crunch? Genius. But THESE!! In my opinion these beauties are the Crunch bar re-incarnated in minty fashion, only better! The best part of these is the non GMO + non guilt factor that comes along with them!
A few years ago, I discovered the company Enjoy Life Foods when my oldest daughter was struggling with food intolerances. Fast forward to second daughter facing the same issues and I was convinced part of the reason so many parents are seeing food intolerances in their infants + toddlers (not to mention many adults too) were specifically linked to what is in our foods now days. The processing, the soy, the GMO…we have all encountered this on some level.
Whenever possible, I aim to remove these things from my kitchen. It’s not a perfect science yet, but as often as I can I try to create tasty dishes sans all the bad stuff. Enjoy Life Foods embraces this lifestyle and offers so many delicious options for folks struggling with the 8 common allergens. Their products are available in many grocery stores – but I always find the largest selection at my local Co-op.
These are made with Enjoy Life Foods semi-sweet chocolate chips, Crunchy Flax + some peppermint extract. The definition of simple! Make these for the holidays and give them out as gifts; everyone will thank you!
- 16 oz Enjoy Life Foods semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Crunchy Flax cereal
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract (I used JR Watkins brand)
- Line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper & set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler or in the microwave in a glass bowl, stirring after each 30 second interval until melted.
- Stir the 1 tsp pure peppermint extract into the chocolate.
- Stir in the cup of flax crunch cereal.
- Pour the mixture into the parchment lined pan & refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge & cut into desired sized pieces.
love this idea Julia. crunch bars used to be my favorite, but isn’t it crazy how much junk is added to chocolate when it should just be CHOCOLATE?! i’ve been using enjoy life as my chocolate chip of choice now too. hope all is well, xo!
I thought about you a few times while I made these, lovely lady! Sending hugs + thanks for reading!