This post is sponsored by Nature’s Bakery.
I know it’s January and everyone is filling your feeds with cleanses, whole30 and the like…but posting a new chocolate dessert recipe is way more my style. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge healthy lifestyle advocate, but I see healthy living as more of an intuitive eating (that includes occasional sugar), more plants than meat, move your body regularly kind of plan. Which is why this recipe for chocolate pot de creme is coming at you in January!
This recipe is so very simple, and is made using seven ingredients; six of which I’d bet you already have on hand in your kitchen! The best part of these is the Nature’s Bakery Double Chocolate Brownie Bars, however. They bring a slight texture and a delicious flavor from cocoa, real dates, and wholesome whole grains. These are such a sweet treat on their own, but added to these Pot de Creme Desserts brings them to the next level! Be sure to grab your own at a store near you and enjoy them both ways!
Recipe yields 4 desserts.
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (you can substitute a 1:1 gluten-free flour as well!)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 cups whole milk. Want to make them Vegan? Substitute 2 cups dark chocolate almond milk instead.
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 packs of Nature’s Bakery Double Chocolate Brownie Bars, crumbled and divided.
- Optional toppings: miniature marshmallows, semi-sweet chocolate chips, nuts – be creative!
- Crumble the Brownie Bars from one package (each package yields 2 brownie bars) and add to the bottom of each of the 4 serving dishes*.
- Place the first 6 ingredients into a small saucepan on your stove top and turn it on low heat. Whisk the ingredients together occasionally until the chocolate has melted and the sugar has dissolved (approximately 3 minutes.)
- Continue to heat on low, whisking constantly but gently until the mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes. It will turn into a thick custard. Remove from heat.
- Immediately pour the custard evenly divided into your 4 serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap, then place in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
- Remove from fridge and add the second package of the crumbled Brownie Bars to the top of each dessert, along with any other desired toppings and serve!
*I used 7.5 oz glass tumblers from amazon, but any small glass dish will do!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe
@girlmeetskitchen and use the #girlmeetskitchen!