Spinach Artichoke + Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Christmas is nearing & holiday parties are in full swing. Traditions new + old are being celebrated with friends & family. I love this time of year – but not for all the Hallmark reasons. For me it’s a time when we gather round the table and reflect on the gifts of one another’s company. Inevitably, there’s also a lot of great food.
My side of the family has always celebrated Christmas Eve with a spread of heavy appetizers + we enjoy more time at the table than in the kitchen. A staple every year has always been this dip:: my mom doesn’t even ask me to bring it because the assumption is there that I will contribute it to the spread. It’s incredibly simple – in fact I typically put it all together the night before and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Cheesy, gooey + full of vegetables, this dip is one of my favorites & a must for any holiday gathering.
I’ve always found that it tastes best when the quality of cheeses used are fresh – but pre-shredded cheese in the bags will suit it just fine. Cheers to your upcoming celebrations + may your tables be filled with all of your favorite things and people!
- 15 oz. jar of Hellman’s real Mayonnaise with Olive Oil
- 14 oz. can of quartered artichokes, drained
- 1.5 cups jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 3/4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 16 oz. bag Italian blend cheese (reserve 1/2 bag for topping the dip)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grate cheeses and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain + Roughly chop the artichokes & roasted peppers; add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the reserved 1/2 bag of Italian blend cheese) + stir to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a 2 quart baking dish. Top with the remaining 1/2 bag of the Italian cheese blend mix.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered. Serve hot with crackers, bread or raw vegetables on the side.