Cheesy Jalapeño + Chicken Skillet Dip
I finally got around to buying myself a skillet, and I really couldn’t be more excited. It’s long overdue + quite frankly a bit embarrassing that I waited so long because there have been countless recipes I’ve wanted to make that required such a kitchen tool. (One of which was a recent recipe posted by Amanda over at Heartbeet Kitchen’s: Hot Gruyere Skillet Chicken Dip from which I drew a little inspiration for this recipe.)
This dip was a pretty fun way to break in my recent prized purchase. It’s loaded with some of my favorite flavors, brings just enough punch of heat & is fairly hearty with the addition of chicken thighs. I plan to make this dip come Superbowl Sunday + am confident it will be a hit should you choose to make it too.
I also love this dip because it utilizes some of my favorite brands. Cabot Cheese Co-op is one of my favorite sharp cheddars – not just because of the flavor, but because they have a connection with each and every farm from where they secure their milk to make their cheeses. They believe in keeping ingredients pure, and you can taste the difference. Just Bare Chicken also has a philosophy of which I love, which is providing consumers with chicken sans all the fillers, hormones + antibiotics.
I hope you find yourself enjoying this dip with loved ones – be it in front of the television watching the Super Bowl, or just because you want to share some love over a cheesy, spicy chicken dip.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (Just Bare Chicken brand)
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 1.5 cups diced fresh jalapeños
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup real mayo
- 8 oz block Cabot extra sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- Garlic salt + freshly cracked pepper for the chicken
- Season a 10 1/4″ skillet by brushing 1 tbsp evoo around the bottom + sides. Preheat oven to 350.
- Shred cheeses + set aside. Mince the shallot + dice the jalapeño. Set aside.
- Heat the skillet on stovetop over medium heat. Lightly season the chicken thighs with garlic salt + pepper. Add 2 tbsp evoo to the skillet & cook the chicken thighs until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan + dice into bite sized pieces. Do not rinse the skillet.
- Add additional 1 tbsp evoo to pan & add the jalapeños + shallots. Cook 2 minutes, allowing the pieces to brown.
- Add the 1/4 cup chicken stock to the skillet and de-glaze by scraping the browned pieces off the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to low + add the 1 cup mayo + shredded cheeses to the skillet. Stir to combine, remove from the stovetop and transfer to the pre-heated oven.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot + enjoy!