Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies | Gluten Free
These cookies are insane. Though I am not a celiac, many of my close friends + family are either gluten intolerant or suffer from celiac disease. Whenever possible, I try to create a copy cat recipe that tailors to those friends + family. Sometimes it works out well, and then every once in a while, it’s a huge success (like my chocolate cupcakes recipe, found here.)
These cookies are, in my opinion, a huge success! Buttery, soft + chewy and all the flavors of a traditional cookie, but sans any gluten products. I made these on a mission one afternoon to test on my family as Guinea pigs, and waited anxiously for their response. Now, my kids and husband are pretty intense about their cookies. Not one of them guessed that what they were eating weren’t one of my usual recipes.
What I love most about these cookies is how light + chewy they are. Most of the gluten free cookies I’ve enjoyed have been fairly dense. While that doesn’t equate to a bad cookie – this one is so close to its original ancestor made with flour.
I encourage you to try this recipe. I’m confident you’ll love it as much as we do!
Recipe yields approximately 40 two inch diameter cookies.
- 1 cup organic butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 organic eggs
- 2.5 cups almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup brown rice flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (not the quick oats)
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 10 oz bag Chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Brand)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets With parchment paper or silpat liners.
- Cream together butter + sugars 2 minutes
- Add vanilla extract + eggs until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients + mix until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon or a cookie scoop (I used the oxo brand cookie scoop), place 12 drops of cookie dough on the pan, evenly spaced.
- Bake 10-11 minutes, or until the edges turn slightly golden brown.
YUM!! Can’t wait to try these!!
Fantastic – let me know what you think!