Parmesan Garlic + Dill Drumsticks
There’s something to be said about chicken wings + football. Theirs is a marriage that has withstood countless years and birthed many flavors. I love them all, truthfully, and any excuse I can get to eat a chicken wing (or drumstick in this instance) is okay by me. With Superbowl Sunday just one week away, menus are being planned + fans across the nation will cheer on their favorite (or favorite of the two options, anyway) teams.
Bring these to the table.
This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite go-to recipes when I’m in a time crunch, and one my family loves as well. Pasta, tossed in butter, garlic, chives, parmesan cheese (and a little pasta water), topped with red pepper flakes and dill for mom and dad. The combination atop these drumsticks took the simple flavors to a whole different level.
They’re packed with flavor, moist as all get out + the definition of easy to make. Try them. Then add them to your repertoire of recipes to make when time is limited or you’re entertaining a crowd.
I chose to make large drumsticks for this recipe, which yielded 5 pieces. Prefer a mixture of wings + drummies? Go for it. Just adjust your cooking time if needed.
- 1.25 lbs. Just Bare Brand Chicken Drumsticks
- 1.5 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (I used a microplane to achieve a fine grate)
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the drumsticks evenly spaced on the lined baking sheet + lightly season both sides of each drumstick with the garlic salt + pepper.
- Lightly drizzle the EVOO across each drumstick.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- While chicken bakes, chop & mince the herbs + garlic and grate the parmesan cheese.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan on your stovetop + remove from heat. Add the minced garlic to the butter.
- When the drumsticks are cooked, immediately toss them with the butter, garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes + parmesan cheese. Serve hot + enjoy!