Sparkling Rose + Strawberry Frosted Cupcakes
Typically speaking, my sweet tooth isn’t as strong as the savory one, but a cupcake baked with Sparkling Rose? Completely up my alley! Rose all day, especially the sparkling kind. I even have a shirt with said statement.
I was really pleased with how they turned out; light + fluffy and filled with the flavors of the bubbly wine. The addition of the strawberry frosting sweetens them up and is the perfect topping.
These really are the perfect way to jazz up the average cupcake. Valentine’s Day is a few days away, why not skip the overpriced dozen roses and pop a bottle of sparkling rose to bake these for your loved one? The recipe only uses 3/4 cup, so you’ll have plenty left to sip together while you eat them.
Recipe yields 16 cupcakes.
For the cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup organic butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup sparkling rose (as with any recipe, only use a wine you would drink with flavors you enjoy.)
For the frosting:
- 2 lb. bag powdered sugar
- 1 cup organic butter, room temp
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup puréed strawberries
- Pinch cream of tartar
For the cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- In kitchen aid mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter + sugar for 2 minutes. Add vanilla & eggs one at a time and mix until combined, scraping down the sides.
- Add the milk and sparkling rose into a 2 cup measuring cup. The mixture will foam up.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer & mix until incorporated. Add in the milk + rose mixture and fold in with a spatula.
- Fill each cupcake liner 3/4 to the top.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cupcake. Let cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting:
- In your kitchen aid mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together butter & half the bag of powdered sugar 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients & whisk an additional 5 minutes. Decorate each cupcake with frosting.
- You can store the extra frosting in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for 2 months.