Cinnamon Spiced Latte
There’s something warm and deliciously comforting about this cup of Joe. It’s perfect for snuggling up with a loved one or gathering round the table and sharing a story or two while slowly sipping. I also love that there’s nothing artificial in it. It’s not overly complicated or sugary; just a warm dark and spiced cup of love.
Normally, I’m a cold brew kind of gal. No matter what the season, my husband and I drink about two and half gallons per week. It’s a quick go to on our way out the door or sipping at my desk each morning. You can find my recipe for it here. But this one is going to be used on days where we’re stuck inside due to a blizzard or simply want an afternoon treat. It feels celebratory for some reason.
Even though it feels celebratory, it’s incredibly simple to make. It’s also dairy free. Substitute whole milk should you so choose. I love the creaminess the Almond milk adds. I use unsweetened Almond milk, but if you use vanilla or sweetened simply omit the maple syrup to avoid an overtly sugary drink. Cheers!
- 2 brewed cups of your favorite coffee
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- Brew your coffee and divide between two large mugs, approximately 3/4 full.
- While coffee is brewing, add 3/4 cup of the almond milk plus the cinnamon, all spice and maple syrup in a small saucepan and whisk over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour the spiced almond milk into each coffee mug of coffee.
- Use the reserved almond milk and use a frother to create a foam. Top each drink. (optional)
- Sprinkle each latte with ground cinnamon + serve hot.