Give me any roasted veggies + I’m an insanely happy woman. Put them in dip form, and the entire house is happy. (Definitely me most of all.) This dip is a nod to the eggplant dip from Black Sheep Pizza in Minneapolis, which never disappoints.
Its creamy, roasted flavors pair well with just about anything.
Especially when consumed sipping a crisp Rosé or Sauv Blanc.
I used large aubergines for this dip, and peeled them to avoid the bitter exteriors. If you use smaller ones, feel free to leave the peels on for added depth of flavor.
We’ll be noshing on this tonight whilst watching the Golden Globes, but definitely making it again in the foreseeable future. Cheers from my kitchen to yours!
- 2 large eggplants, peeled + diced into uniform sized cubes
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup EVOO + 3 tbsp, divided
- 1/2 jar roasted red peppers + 1/4 cup of the liquid from the jar
- 4 oz. parmesan cheese, cubed
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice the top quarter of the garlic head off + place in aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the EVOO + seal. Put it in the corner of the parchment lined pan. Fill the rest of the pan with the peeled + diced eggplant. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of EVOO and salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Add the roasted eggplant, red peppers + liquid, garlic cloves, 1/4 cup EVOO + cubed parmesan cheese pieces to a food processor. Puree until you get a smooth consistency.
- Place the dip in an oven safe dish and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with additional EVOO if desired + serve with toasted bread, chips, crackers or raw veggies.