This post is sponsored by GoodPop .
If there is one quintessential cocktail that signifies warmer weather, it’s the margarita in my opinion. I love a good margarita and am always looking for a fun way to shake up a new recipe! When I tasted these Watermelon Agave Frozen Pops from GoodPop®…my tastebuds immediately knew they would make a perfect cocktail/mocktail! They’re a great treat on their own; the flavor is exactly like eating cold watermelon on a hot summer day. Made from freshly cut and juiced, locally sourced Texas watermelons (when seasonally available) they’re lightly sweetened with Fair Trade Organic agave nectar. Pair it with some tequila, lime juice and sparkling water and you have the perfect combination for something to sip!
I love that GoodPop® All-Natural Frozen Pops have always been made with the best non-GMO, Fair Trade Certified, organic and locally sourced ingredients. The “Good” in their name, GoodPop, isn’t just about the ingredients they use or the way their pops taste… it’s an integral part of their dedication to using their frozen treats as a vehicle to do social Good. These delicious frozen pops are available at many online and in-store retailers, and some of their frozen pops can be shipped directly to your door!
See their site for more details and enjoy them at 20% off with code GMK20 at checkout!
This recipe yields 2 cocktail/mocktails. Cheers from my kitchen to yours!
- 4 oz. blanco tequila (or omit if you’re going the mocktail route!)
- 2 limes
- 3 GoodPop® Watermelon Agave Frozen Pops
- 4 oz. cold sparkling water (plain or lime flavored!)
- Salt for your glass rims (optional)
- Melt down one Watermelon Agave Frozen Pop in advance or in the microwave.
- Salt the rims of 2 lowball glasses.
- Pour in 2 oz of tequila in each lowball glass.
- Add 2 oz of the cold sparkling water.
- Add the juice of 1 lime to each cocktail/mocktail.
- Divide the one melted Frozen Pop between each glass and stir.
- “Garnish” with the additional frozen pop placed inside each cocktail and enjoy!
*If you’re making this as a mocktail, each drink will have 4 oz of chilled sparkling water instead of half sparkling water and half tequila. The rest of the recipe remains the same. These are lovely and like an agua fresca!
Throw in some fresh mint for a mocktail too if you’d like!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make these @girlmeetskitchen using #girlmeetskitchen !