Occasionally, I enjoy a good Bloody Mary. A few spots in Minneapolis have really nailed my preference in flavor town. A recent jaunt to Smack Shack with some good company (Find Laurie at Relishing It
!) made me want to create a recipe of my own for those once in a while Bloody cravings.
I found a juice at a local co-op that was free of anything unnatural or fillers, so that was my base. If time allowed, I would make my own vegetable juice – but that would require me to finally purchase that juicer I’ve had my eyes on for a while as well. So until then:: here is the ultimate simple, delicious and spicy mix for you. I like spicy – so in the future, I will add more habanero sauce. This is just a hint above “Minnesota Spicy” (that means it has a kick to it, but nothing that will offend the faint of heart.)
Enjoy friends, and thanks for stopping by!
- 32 oz bottle of Organic Very Veggie Juice (I used R.W. Knudsen, but find any blend you prefer.)
- 8 oz. water
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1.5 tsp. celery salt, plus more for the glass rims if you prefer
- 1/2 tsp. cayennne pepper
- 1 tsp. red pepper flake
- 1 tbsp. Chile Habanero Hot Sauce (or your preferred hot sauce)
- Add all ingredients to a large pitcher and stir to combine.
- Let sit for 24 for the flavors to combine.
- Pour over vodka and enjoy at your leisure! The mix will keep for up to 2 weeks in your refrigerator. Cheers!