Citrus Sweet + Spicy Almonds
Whether entertaining a large group of people or looking for something to have on hand to satisfy a nibble – you’re going to want to make these highly addicting almonds. A little bit sweet, a little salty & a little spicy, they satisfy the craving; whatever the craving of the moment may be.
When invited to a dinner party or gathering with friends, I love bringing the hosts a small, homemade gift or a bottle of wine. These are perfect to bring along to any gathering because they’ll compliment the menu be it formal or appetizers. Great for munching over drinks or leaving for the host to enjoy at a later date. Planning a DIY themed Christmas this year? These are your golden ticket.
Feel free to spice it up a little more – these bring a subtle heat. I also made a batch of cashews with the same seasonings and it worked quite nicely as well. Just be sure to use raw, unsalted nuts – whichever variety you choose.
- 1.5 cups raw, unsalted almonds
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt (I used course)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tsp organic, pure maple syrup Grade A medium amber
- the zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the salt, red pepper flakes, orange juice, maple syrup + lime zest in a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the almonds and coat with the mixture.
- Lay the almonds in a single layer atop the lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, until golden brown. Allow them to cool completely before serving.