Peach Vodka Mojito
There is something both calming + invigorating about a warm summer night on the porch with friends or family. Good conversation, a gentle breeze & a cocktail in hand, those are the moments I allow myself to just be. Hundreds of singers have lyrically spoken about these very same sentiments, so I know I’m not alone; chances are you enjoy the simplicity of this scenario as well.
If so, this cocktail is for you to enjoy in similar fashion.
I’m not overly excited about sugary libations and typically alter recipes I find where I can enjoy the natural flavors. This recipe is just that. Lightly sweetened by the pureed peaches, and all things lime + minty fresh, as a good mojito should be. You can certainly add more peaches, or even a peach simple syrup if you require a bit more sweetness. Either way, sip with those of whose company you enjoy most!
Recipe yields 2 cocktails. Note: in lieu of the usual muddling, this recipe purees the ingredients. Muddle if you prefer a more chunky consistency. Cheers!
- 2 ripe peaches, pits removed
- the juice of 1 medium size lime, plus wedges for garnish
- 8 large mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Lime sparkling water (I used H2Oh!)
- 5 oz. your favorite vodka
- 2 collins glasses
- Remove both pits from the peaches + cut into slices. In a blender, combine the peaches, lime juice, 8 mint leaves and vodka and puree until smooth.
- Fill the 2 glasses halfway with ice cubes + divide the mixture between the two glasses.
- Pour the lime sparkling water to fill each glass, garnish with a lime & peach wedge and a few mint leaves. Enjoy!