This post is sponsored by Nature’s Bakery
Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day, and because of the fast paced nature of motherhood mixed with work, it’s also usually my heartiest meal. From the moment we wake until late at night life brings a frenzy of activities and demands, so I need meals that both energize and provide the right nutrients to keep our family going. Smoothie bowls are a great way to meet these needs!
I love mixing different fruits together to introduce my girls to a variety of flavors, but my favorite combo is this acai smoothie bowl. It’s loaded with acai berries (great little powerhouses of antioxidants), bananas, and mangoes. The really fun part is the toppings + I let my girls get creative when it comes to what they choose! Think all the fun of an ice cream toppings bar but with heartier, wholesome ingredients like these new Nature’s Bakery Oatmeal Crumble Bars. They come in a variety of flavors like cherry, strawberry or apple cinnamon and the oat-topped whole grains make any morning as happy as happy can be – especially when topped on these smoothie bowls!
Aside from eating them on our morning smoothie bowls, my girls love their wide variety of snack bars. I love that they’re wholesome, non-GMO dairy-free, nut-free, gmo-free, soy-free, and made with hearty whole grains and sun ripened fruits. They also have Double Chocolate Brownies for the occasional sweet treat made with dates, cocoa and whole wheat.
Grab the recipe for the acai smoothie oatmeal crumble bowls below, and happy snacking from my kitchen to yours! Recipe yields 2 smoothie bowls.
- ½ cup frozen acai berries
- 1 banana
- ½ cup juice of choice (I used pomegranate)
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks, plus another ½ cup partially thawed
- 2 Nature’s Bakery Oatmeal Crumble Bars in any flavor, cut into 2” squares
- Optional: protein powder + toppings of choice!
- Combine the first 4 ingredients (and optional protein powder) in the blender and whir until smooth.
- Divide between 2 bowls + top with the oatmeal crumble bars.
- Add any other desired toppings and enjoy with loved ones!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe @girlmeetskitchen and use the #girlmeetskitchen