Their’s is a classic pairing, donuts + coffee; it’s only natural they joined to form a union, really. Adding chocolate to that union creates a trifecta made for mornings. I threw in sprinkles for good measure, and because my little ones love them. Who am I trying to kid? I love sprinkles just as much as every child alive.
These donuts are decadently rich, soft and airy as a cloud with just the right hint of coffee. Bizzy’s organic cold brew boasts a super smooth flavor profile and is the perfect addition to the recipe. I didn’t dilute the concentrate in the recipe, simply used it straight from the bottle.
Kid friendly, neighbor approved — I’m adding these lovelies to the routine for weekends, or just any time I need a chocolate + coffee union made in heaven. And no one will be the wiser that they are gluten free! Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!
Recipe yields 12 donuts.
For the donuts:
- 1 cup Almond Flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour (same brand)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (I used Wholesome Sweet)
- 3/4 tsp xantham Gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Bizzy’s cold brew concentrate
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 organic eggs, room temperature + beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
For the glaze:
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar (I used Wholesome Sweet)
- 3/4 cup Bizzy’s cold brew concentrate
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Sprinkles should you be so inclined
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and whisk until just incorporated. Do not overmix; the batter will be thick.
- Spray your donut pan (I used Nordic Ware) lightly with cooking spray + spoon the batter into each well, about 3/4 to the top.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Remove + let cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Mix the glaze and top while the donuts are still warm. Add sprinkles. Enjoy!